Chapter 8: Toad's Adventures

So my car was making a weird noise the other day. having no car knowledge AT ALL, I did what I do in these situations...I listened to it. It would kind of come and go. On my way back from Spanish the steering wheel became really hard to turn. So I got it home, talked to my dad on the phone, he suggested the power steering fluid. I couldn't find a problem there, and decided to call my cousin Chris, who went to UT, and now lives with his wife and child here. He suggested a good mechanics place, and I called and took the ol' Grumbler down there. Apparently, there was a loose pulley for a belt, and one of the old raddy belts in my car fell, and knocked another belt off. Two belts out and a loose pulley for a belt...I can't drive my car home. So in an awkward act of kindness the guy drove me home, as I had no friend around to help get me back. Grumbler gonna cost me some BILLS. Fuck. I had to get a ride to and from work, which being as I work at a job that requires driving, was not difficult.

So that on top of my TERRIBLE Video project...I hate it, absolutely hate it. I hate my former ideas, i hate my camera shots and compositions, I hate what I've edited, I hate the feel of it! I hate this movie.

In good news, I have downloaded all the post-break up beatles solo albums. I'm finally listening to them! I had heard a lot of Lennon's Imagine and Plastic Ono Band albums, and a few other tidbits. McCartney is great, his debut album, Ram, with Wings he's got Band on the Run...then his later days more current albums kick ASS. Flaming Pie and Driving Rain are fantastic albums. George Harrison has All Things Must Pass, and I like Dark Horse (not a critical favorite I've seen, but who cares!), but for the most part beyond that he is kind of hit or miss, which is unfortunate. I've yet to obtain his posthumous release Brainwashed. Its supposed to be good.

I'm downloading Ringo, I feel he will be better than I'm expecting...I dunno, I think he always gets a bad rap.

Check out YouTube vids of Drunk Jeff Goldblum!

Comments