Chapter 107: Getting Better

So lately I've been getting more hours at work, which was nice. One of the other on-call people left for a job in another city, and I've been benefiting from it. But I had this feeling deep down that after the holidays ended, I'd go back to getting hours once a month. With my marriage on the imminent horizon, I found this to be a not so great prospect. So I took a chance. I decided to e-mail my boss and see what my chances were of moving up, of going from on-call to at the very least part-time. And despite my minor anxiety: it worked. My boss got the okay to give me two regular days a week. Holy cow am I pleased.

I feel pretty good about this. I like my job, and I'm happy I get the chance to move forward there. My supervisor is even helping me out by seeing if I could get trained in another department for possibly more hours. We'll see how that goes.

Beyond that I've spent some time watching stuff. I watched the whole of Buffy and Angel, then more Joss Whedon when I watched Firefly and Serenity, I'm currently finishing up Dollhouse as well. In between Firefly and Dollhouse I watched more Voyager and reviewed them accordingly. I've finished up to Season 4.

I do forget to use this blog don't I?

Comments