Chapter 63: The First Two Days

I am currently in Wales. WALES! So I only today got my internet all hooked up, so I am going to post the blogs I've had in my head for the first two days, then another blog on yesterday, and then I will post on for today, and maybe even just merge that with tomorrow. I don't know. Anyhow here is my account for the first two days:

By the beginning of day three, it was clear that the first two days of this trip had blurred together in a flurry of travel, doing new things, and getting into different modes of transport.

My first flight ever in my life was a short one, about an hour in the air from Detroit to Philadelphia. I was only slightly separated from the rest of my group, sitting next to a guy who clearly did not speak English to well. He was trying to ask me questions, but I had no idea how to answer them, because it was my first flight ever.

After almost going to the wrong gate to Manchester, New Hampshire, we quickly turned around and raced to the correct gate for Manchester, England. Getting on the second plane, I discovered there was a British family filling up the entire row, which had my seat within it. They asked me where my seat was, I told them 36C, and they just stared at me in a way that almost said "that's a shame, huh?" So I ended up sitting next to this Asian girl, who also didn't speak English to well, rather far from the rest of my group. This was a long ass flight, and I couldn't fall asleep on the plane. I watched the Invention of Lying and the Informant.

I was exhausted when we got to Manchester. Just beat. We took a diversion on the way to our hotel, a castle, which was cool...but I just wanted to relax. We finally got to our destination, we went out for food and some beers, then it was finally time to sleep...when I would awake in less than 6 hours...it would be 1 a.m. British time, and we would head off to a ferry for Dublin.

Comments