Chapter 72: World's End

HA. This God's revenge for all these years of not believing in him.

The sore throat was hurting worse each day I awoke. Something was wrong. I had slept in Monday, which was not an issue as my first class wasn't until 2pm, but I had an exam at 9am and didn't want to just hit the snooze alarm until I missed it. So I gave my mom a call for a back up. I woke up about 10 minutes before she had called, and just felt AWFUL. When she called she suggested that I go to the UT Medical Center to make sure it isn't strep.

I took my exam, History of Jazz...no biggie, then I went to the Med Center. They were busy but had a cancellation, so I was worked in. They tested me for strep, no dice. Blood Test. Mono. Fuck. I've never been a fan of needles, but luckily it wasn't bad. Five minutes later, I am tested slightly positive for fucking mono. Suddenly how tired I am makes a lot more sense.

Fuck Mono. I just want to damn graduate. I will. I WILL.

Comments