Chapter 29: The Edge of Destruction

First off - Birthday. Megan got me Indian's tickets for this Saturday night, so GO TRIBE! For once in my life give me a goddamn win when i see you in person.

Okay, I was looking up some upcoming movies and stuff. Here are some of the things we have in store for us in the future.

Battleship in 2011. That's right! Everybody's favorite boardgame. I mean Everybody's mildly enjoyable board game that you probably played and enjoyed but the feelings never really developed further beyond that....Anyhow, they are supposedly working on a new Battleship movie, based on the game...no how you can make a film out of this, I've no clue, but i have a feeling its going to be a mess..."B-10! Haha! We sunk THEIR Battleship"

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - New sequel, apparently subtitled On Stranger Tides, is coming within the next 2 years. I don't really have a problem with this, and even though I enjoyed the second and third films, they lacked the quality of the first and were slightly puzzling at times...overcomplicated plot. Maybe they will bring it to a more standalone nature which would be a great deal of help.

Yellow Submarine? Alright here I have to rant. I love Back to the Future, and its subsequent sequels, favorite movie of all time to be honest. I love Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I also love Forrest Gump. I'm even a loyal supporter who liked What Lies Beneath and Cast Away. But now you are on this new 3d Performance Capture kick, and it just isn't that interesting of a technology to base the whole movie off of. So Polar Express was interesting in its visuals, and a decent Christmas flick, but no where near as good as the book. Beowulf I haven't seen, but the visuals bore me with every clip and/or trailer I see. Now you got Christmas Carol coming out, and I know you and Disney don't think people are going to realize that there are about 100,000 new Christmas Carols every holiday season, but Dear Dear Mr. Robert Zemeckis...they might. Here you shall be pushing me too far. Yellow Submarine remake? Not a chance sir. The Beatles were of their time, and a movie like this worked for the sixties...but because you and Disney have been sitting at home watching the Beatles Anthology on VH1 and noticed a sudden resurgence in popularity due to none other than the release of their music yet again...and a video game...doesn't mean we want to pretend its 1968 again. Do NOT make this film. Your shallow cashing in on the slight Beatles re-popularity surging right now in order to get SOMEBODY to pay for a ticket to see your crappy expensive cartoons is pathetic at best. Can't you just once go back and make a real film, one that doesn't rely on emotionless 3d characters or "hey look at the technology". You used to make great technological advancements while making beautiful film. Back to the Future Part II revolutionized having the same actor in two roles in the same scene, and Forrest Gump seamlessly threw Tom Hanks into historical footage, while Who Framed Roger Rabbit seamlessly meshed animation and live action, moreso than any preceding film. Go back and think about story again. Why not call Bob Gale? Why don't you two write a movie, with actors. Not one actor playing every role in a dot suit. Acting. Come on, its gotta be tempting.

PS - Mr Zemeckis will receive a five dollar bill from me in the mail if he skips Yellow Submarine and makes a new live action movie.

Comments