Chapter 28: The Rescue

So it is my brithday today. 22 Years old and one day closer to death. So far the best birthday wish has been extended from Austin way out in California, who made his facebook status both a passionate fuck you to Osama and the Terroists, and a EXTRA happy bday to me, for my birthday is on a rather shitty day. I'm sure he will be topped by Megan tonight. (theres some things a girlfriend can do that a friend in Cali wouldn't even dream of doing)

Oh I'm well over the 9/11 birthday thing. Its a good conversation piece in a way, and with each passing year the pause between me telling them my birthday is September 11th, and there realizing the date and saying "ohhh...." gets longer and longer. Its sad to say in someways, but this country is, doing what it needs to do, moving on.

We shall never forget that tragic day, but we have to pick up the pieces, and even in some of our tumultuous times since, we really have begun to move on. Except the tragedy, and learn and grow from it.

Anyhow. Happy Birthday To Me.

Comments