Chapter 86: Cleve, Kees, and Fopaws

Tonight Megan and I went up to Cleveland to see The Faux Paus, a tremendous girl band made up of three friends of mine from film school in Toledo. We got to the bar, and I parked the car, and we thought it would be a good idea to throw stuff like my GPS into the trunk. So I grab all the stuff, get out of the car, throw it in the trunk, close the trunk door, then do my normal pat-down to make sure I have everything.

It is at that very moment that I realize that I should have done the pat-down PRE-CLOSING-THE-GODDAMNED-TRUNK.

So the keys are now in the trunk. Damn. Damn it all to hell. Megan suggests AAA...DUH that's why I got it! So I take her advice and I give them a call. They tell me that someone will get to me within 45 minutes to an hour. So we decide to head into the Happy Dog where they will be performing that evening. We got to meet up with the Faux Paus, I ordered a beer, and then I got the call from AAA telling me he is on his way.

The guy doesn't get there for another 30 minutes or so. Once he finally does arrive he isn't nearly as prepared as you'd hope. His tool needs tape. Some kind of tape. I don't know what tape he needed real bad, but man, he wouldn't stop going on about this tape. Half an hour of this guy making failed attempts to unlock the car and Megan comes out from the Bar. I felt REALLY terrible that she was stuck in the bar alone, but I was stuck out here with this guy. He needed tape!

Megan eventually headed back into the bar, and the AAA guy and I continued to try and get the damn lock up. I even gave in and called my dad, who I didn't want to have to drive all the way to Cleveland to hand me a spare key, and he said "we'll figure something out".

Then the AAA guy and I try a new technique, both of us with different tools and BAM. We got it up. I opened the door, and the wedge giving us the room to work on it fell to the ground and I popped the trunk. The guy said "I'm getting the fuck outta here". I couldn't blame him, but I do know he went to go buy some damn tape.

Then I called my dad, said nevermind...and the opening band hadn't even begun yet. Wow. Almost 2 hours since we arrived, trapped the keys, and went through the whole ordeal they still hadn't taken the stage. LUCK.

So the first band played and they were okay, then the Fuax Paus rocked it. They put on a damn good show, and I wish them all the luck in their current tour.

Comments