Chapter 103: Its not just TV...its HDTV

So many years ago my dad was contracted to take a TV down in a retail store, and he was told to dispose of it properly. Now it wasn't really a TV...it was a monitor. That means you can't hook it up to the antenna, it takes all sorts of extra components to make it work properly. That was ok, because it was big and my dad had both the extra components and the means to fix it. It was our living room TV...until....

One day he was contracted to take down a TV in a different store. Same deal: dispose of it properly. He fixed it up. For free. And it was a 46" Samsung HDTV. That TV hasn't had a single problem in the couple years we've had it. Now the first time it was sort of a fluke, the second it was amazing. I ended up buying a blu-ray player (not very ironically around the same time Doctor Who went HD). It became a real chore to let my dad use the TV to watch a movie or watch a blu-ray.

That all changed. Same store as the last one. Same exact deal. My dad opened it up, found the problem, and it works great. And its mine. I got a free HD 46" Samsung television, with my blu-ray hooked up. It is the luckiest thing that could of happened. I mean TWO HDTVs, and a few widescreen monitors? I mean the first monitor was in our living room for years before the real TV came along...and now a second? Sometimes the problems end up being easily solved, and to fix mine my dad spent 5 bucks on a couple capacitors.

My dad's job has some awesome perks at times.

Comments