Chapter 1: The River Bank

Welcome to the Shark Tank, I'm not really sure where I will be going with this, but I think it will mostly be my little secret venting zone.

Lately Firefox has been crashing on me. It started a week ago, and it would just crash in the middle of a show on Hulu. Aggravated, I've just deleted it, returned back to Safari (which by the looks of my favorites bar its been A WHILE) and re-downloaded the FOX. I hope this has cleared whatever glitch I may have had going all haywire. I don't want to lose the firefox.

I'm pretty much convinced I have mild OCD. I can't seem to start watching any TV show without starting from the beginning and obsessively watching every episode in order. Not in a casual way. I started Star Trek: Deep Space Nine in the beginning of the semester...and I watched 6 seasons in a 2 month period. About 150 hours of television. 6 years worth in 2 monthes. I must be a little obsessive, and certainly cumpulsive as I don't seem satisfied unless I finish a show. DS9 has me waiting though as to watch this summer with my brother.

Since I haulted DS9, I have since watched every episode of Sealab 2021, The Prisoner, Breaking Bad (mostly caught up to where it is now, but still), Reno 911!, The Sarah Silverman Program, Battlestar Galactica (the remake, which I didn't even start until the Final 10 episodes where beginning to air...and I was able to watch the finale first run), Andy Barker PI, Wonderfalls, and Frisky Dingo. Granted, some of these shows where short run, but this doesn't include all the shows I added to my list (thats right...I'm keeping an actual list) that I had started before DS9.

I am currently 5 episodes away from finishing Dexter season 2, and then just 12 episodes of Season 3 before I can add it to my list, and be ready for Season 4. I'm also watching The original Battlestar Galactica on Hulu. Its kinda stupid. The ideas that make the remake SO good are there, but weakly executed. Yet my compulsion has me continuing to watch. Gotta add it to the list.

Rules of the List:
1 - Have to see every episode in order to add it to the list.
2 - If it is a show currently on the air, I have to at least see up to the previous season, when a season is completed I have to catch up.
3 - I'm to OCD to not catch up before a season ends.
4 - Any show, no matter how short lived is eligable for the list (i.e. The Xtacles, which had to 10 minute episodes).

I think as bad as I thought DS9 was, BSG was worse. It was like a 3 week period in which I watched 4 seasons of a show, and finished in time to watch the finale! Good God.

The worst offender in my life has been Doctor Who. I'm 21 years old. I have seen every episode of a series that lasted 26 years in its original run. Add on to that 4 years of a revival since 2005. 752 Episodes. I've seen them all. I love it. But thats besides the point, I shouldn't have seen every episode. Thats crazy. Absolute madness. Now this is a show I can watch over and over though. I will watch any of those 752 again. A bunch of episodes in the 60s are missing. Only audio survives. Those are inluded in the 752. I've seen Picture Reconstructions. What the Hell! This coming Saturday I get to see 753. The Easter Special, Planet of the Dead. Looks like it should be epic and somewhat 70s Who inspired cheese. I can't wait.

I've seen every Bond movie. I'm not even that huge a fan. My complusion got the better of me. They mostly sucked, but I've seen them all.

My OCD is mild though, the only thing I truly notice beyond my movie and TV is how fidgety I feel in class when I'm not doodling. I literally can't seem to stop moving or stay still anymore.

All this being said I have time for a life. I have friends, I hang out. I get all of my schoolwork completed. I have a job. I have a longterm girlfriend of 3 years. I don't neglect any of this somehow. I may be a sci-fi fantasy geek whose watched too many TV shows and movies, but I can control my life, I seem to be able to balance things. Makes me feel like I'm in more control than some.

I start an internship Friday night back home in Akron (I'm in school in Toledo). Its with the Akron Aeros (awesome). I will be running camera Friday night and Saturday afternoon. I don't know when I will post next.

Til' then, Adios.

Comments