Chapter 2: The Open Road

So I scheduled classes for next semester. Looking pretty good. Never have to get up until 11:30 at the earliest, and Fridays are for once (and FINALLY) FREE. 17 Credit hours...one class is online. I think it should be okay. No Holly Hey to screw me, no more Spanish to make me miserable.

Spanish...that is if I pass. I think I will scrape by. Just scrape by. I have done all outside assignments, and my oral exam went okay I believe, and my compositions have been As, but all quizzes and exams have been HARSH.

FUCK...I better pass, I'd hate to retake it in the Spring.

My online class is Television and Popular Culture, a film course. Shouldn't be to hard. I'm taking a history class "Far Western Frontier" in order to fulfill my US Diversity requirement, and it also doubles as a "related" course. Also in the related field we have Radio Production, a COMM class. Figured it shouldn't be too hard since I've figured out some radio basics going on Brett's show Saturday nights. Another related will be and English course, Creative Writing...give that a whirl.

My production course was a toss up between Optical Printing and Animation OR Production Management. I've wanted to to take the Production Management since I heard about it, and it sounds like it should be required. Previously it has only been offered in the Summer. Optical Printing was too enticing though. Since I have been leaning more towards editing work as a career than production, I had to choose Optical Printing in the end. Hopefully they will offer Production Management again in the Spring (though I'm doubtful).

In non-school news, I figured I would express my upcoming film and television excitements.

This summer I'm going to relaunch "Kenny's Summer of Movies I Need To See"...re-branded "Kenny's Summer of Movies I STILL Need To See". 115 odd movies on the list. It might last past the summer. Again.

New Movies I Plan to See this Summer:
1. Star Trek - It doesn't look great, not even good...but I'm a total Trek nerd and Matt and I have decided that we will see it. Could be good popcorn fare.

2. Inglorious Basterds - Tarantino. World War II. Can't Wait. (Still waiting for a good DVD release of the theatrical Grindhouse)

3. The Limits of Control - The new Jim Jarmusch film, which will only get a limited release, but hopefully I can find someway of seeing it. Maybe Ann Arbor.

New TV Shows for 2009:
1. Michael and Michael Have Issues - Black and Showalter of The State, Stella, and Wet Hot American Summer getting their own show on Comedy Central? I am PUMPED.

2. The Prisoner - An AMC miniseries based on the cult British spy series from the 60s. I've watched all 17 originals, and wasn't BLOWN away, but I'm interested to see what an update can bring...and its only 6 parts.

3. Caprica - After recently watching the new Battlestar, I put full trust in Ron Moore & Co. to bring a great new sci-fi soap opera to me. I do secretly love a soap opera.

4. The Pacific - A follow up miniseries to the fantastic Band of Brothers, that will focus on WWII from the Pacific front. I have a feeling that it will be well produced, written, and acted if Band of Brothers is any indication.

5. Boldly Going Nowhere - New comedy sci-fi from the It's Always Sunny guys? OH YEAH!

Returning TV Shows:
1. Doctor Who - No series this year. Sad. But...Specials. Easter Special in 2 days.

2. Reno 911! - Season 6 is currently airing, some cast changes aren't too detrimental to the show.

3. Curb Your Enthusiasm - Season 7 on its way, I will see every preceding season before it starts.

4. Dexter - Season 4 later this year, I just started Season 3, which no doubt I will finish pre-season 4.

5. The Sarah Silverman Program - not always GREAT, but still funny, and I like it. Whether any of my friends do or not. returning in the Fall.

6. Torchwood - Series 3 or Children of Earth this summer.

7. It's Always Sunny in Philiadelphia - Season 5. My most anticipated returning comedy. I love everything about this show. My favorite comedy show on TV today!


This is enough....

Comments