Chapter 4: Mr. Badger

OCD has now decided my obsession is Pink Floyd. I've listened to The Wall in its entirety probably 3 times, specific songs on that album many more. I found a bootleg of the The Wall: Live at Earl Court performance to watch...they NEED to release that on DVD. It isn't super high quality, in either picture or shot composition, but it could probably be easily cleaned up for a decent DVD release. The only performance of The Wall's live show available for purchase is Roger Waters in Berlin, and that has a bunch of guests...but I want Floyd performing.

I've listened to Dark Side of the Moon twice. Saucerful of Secrets, Meddle, and Animals all once. I'm currently listening to Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

Syd Barrett was great. I'd say its a shame that he went wacko, but thats a bit cliche, and really had he been fine, Dark Side of th Moon, Wish You Were Here and The Wall never would've existed. They probably would've only lasted a few more years, and when psychadelia went wayward, they would've gone with it. Syd's breakdown forced Roger Waters to become the lead writer, forced David Gilmour into the band, kept mental illness and madness in Water's head for inspiration of songs on Dark Side, Wish you Were Here, and The Wall. In a way, its almost important to the band's success that he had to leave.

I've also listened to Syd's two solo albums. He had a talent...the songs are strange and slightly off kilter, but have this simple charm about them. Underneath it all you can kinda hear that this guy isn't altogether there, or maybe just isn't pleased with recording music anymore. Whatever it is, he left the music scene and stayed a hermit til his death. Thats the kind of elusive rock star story I can get behind.

Barrett has also inspired me to change the chapter titles of the Shark Tank to chapter titles from Wind in the Willows, i.e. Piper at the Gates of Dawn.

I have to finish my video project. I know what I want, and what I need to do, but I feel bitter about ever going into the Lab...tomorrow I will probably spend a good chunk of time in there, after my time their in class and lunch I WILL return. I've been doing a lot of skipping out on this plan lately. NO MORE. I can't. I also have TV project due Wedsenday of next week. UGH.

I want Summer.

Comments