Chapter 12: The Return of Ulysses

Final Chapter of Wind in the Willows...what will my chapter titles be from here on out?

Anyhow...blog...soo......

I've been pretty bored. I'm unemployed. Most days were taken up for May in my internship. Megs is in Arizona. My friends all HAVE jobs. Schools out.

But, theres a silver lining! I'm getting myself into shape! I'm eating less, and exercising. I've been walking around the block, and I just fixed up Curt's old bike this afternoon so I can go ride a bike for exercise, as he told me I could have it. I never got a bike post turning 11. SO I've got a bike, running shoes, gym shorts, plenty of places to walk to this summer, and exercise equipment in the basement. Lets lose the slightly growing belly. So theres that.

Places to walk to? The library. Why the hell would anyone go to a video store? Or even netflix? MONEY. Library has more than the video store and its all free. So I can either request things to be at the Ellet Branch and walk or ride my bike there, or I can request things/browse the Main Branch and walk from Canal Park pre/post-Aeros games.

I got Georges Méliès: The First Wizard of the Cinema. Fantastic Silent filmmaker, who helped innovate filmmaking with trick shots, horror, science fiction, and many special effects. I'm going to have to return it and someday down the line borrow it again. I don't have time for all of his work. I did watch the whol first disc, and about 15 shorts on disc 2. 173 films. All that exists these days of Méliès is on this set. I want to own it. But I can't watch all these, so its going back. Tonight I'm going to watch Brothers Grimm, only cause its Terry Gilliam, I'm sure it will be poor. Tomorrow I plan on watching The Oh in Ohio, Charlie Wilson's War, and The Seven Samuri (diverse group I know) but I want to watch these and get them back for The Alien Series is waiting for me. Time to get shit off my long ass list.

Breaking Bad's latest episode had a killer ending, and I have GOT to get Curt caught up to me so we can talk about it. Then we can start watching DS9 together. I did finish Dexter, which was awesome. I wanna watch and see all of Curb Your Enthusiasm pre-new season this fall. I'm pretty talented at accomplishing such tasks. I also wanna watch all of Band of Brothers.

UGH I miss Megan.

Comments