Chapter 18: An Unearthly Child

So I went zip-lining with the family yesterday. It was fantastic. I highly recommend it, very fun and more thrilling than a roller coaster. For those scratching their heads, its you strapped into a wire, and gliding from one tree top to the next...looking down at the nature below. It was so much fun, and I was glad Megan was able to come as well. My family did it last year, but Curt, Megan, and I had all just moved back into our respective schools that previous weekend, and were unable to attend - this time they made sure we could come. Very glad too! My abs are slightly soar...

In my television world I have finished the original Battlestar Galactica (as well as a sort of skimming over the Galactica 1980...awful series). My final analysis is that its a fun piece of 70s television. It doesn't have a lot of depth, and the characters are for the most part rather one dimensional. But once it got to the halfway point, I must admit it became rather fun to watch. Before that it was sort of weak...the little kid and his pet robot dog were annoying and out of place, once they were sort of taking a backseat in the series it got a lot better.

I've also watched the first episode of Mad Men, well written drama, but maybe I'll continue later. I got back into The X-Files, were aI left off in Season 2...The next episode was Irresistable, and Curt (the owner of these DVDs) told me if I was watching it, he wanted to as well. I see why! Irresistable was fantastic. First time since I started watching this series did I truly feel I needed the lights turned on the moments the credits began to roll. So creepy. The acting on the criminal was truly frightening...I haven't squirmed in my chair that much since I was 10! The next day I watched 2 more episodes, and plan on watching more as soon as I have time.

In my little Doctor Who world - Torchwood's 5 episode mini-series airs Monday through Friday next week. The trailers make it look pretty good, better than the trailer for Series 1 (which the series as a whole was pretty weak) and even Series 2 (which was far superior to the first). I hope that means it will be as good and epic as it seems. The 3 audio dramas that were released on the BBC website preceding the mini-series were all pretty good (Asylum was very good, the other 2 were just decent) so I have high hopes for this series.

I wish Zip-lining was not as expensive...I would totally love to go again. CEDAR POINT TOMORROW!

Comments