Chapter 21: The Firemaker

DOCTOR WHO GAP YEAR UPDATE: Waters of Mars Preview.

So this past week the BBC uploaded a short clip from the next Gap Year special, which Russell T. Davies said would air "November-ish" but judging by this previews and other things he and other members of the production crew have said...could possibly air on Halloween.

This preview was one of the best bits of Who I've seen. I don't know if it didn't have the music added yet, or if there will be no music in that bit...but it was ominous as hell. To be honest my skin crawled a bit...it was pretty damned good. So thanks to the BBC giving us a preview...I'm now dying to see this special, which is shaping up to seeming much better than The Planet of the Dead, which while still entertaining enough on Easter, wasn't truly up to snuff with other stories...and in a year when we are getting much less Who than we have since the shows return to television in 2005, that is kind of disappointing. When you have a full series...a bad episode means you can always look forward to next week.

Planet of the Dead wasn't really that bad though...just not that great...or special.

OTHER TV:
I watched the Red Dwarf Back to Earth 3 part special they aired earlier this year with Curt (my brother), who I got into watching the rest of the series recently. We both kind of agreed for a "last hurrah" comeback special...it was particularly lame. Not nearly as funny as the last full series was, which is bad because that series wasn't particularly funny in itself.

In good television...I am addicted to The X-Files right now. Curt finally got me to watch one of his shows rather than his constantly being forced into watching mine. I had previously kind of slowly watched Seasons 1 and half of 2. I looked up where I left off and told him the next episode was Irresistible. He told me that if I was going to watch it, he'd like to watch it with me. So later that night I told him I was in, and we watched it. Talk about CREEPY. It was amazing...gave me the full blown willies. So than I kept watching...and watching...until...

I'm at the beginning of Season 4. Season 3 was one solid season, unlike season 1 which up until the last episode was pretty forgettable and uneven...and Season 2 which had a lot of hits and misses. Season 3 had maybe 3 or 4 mediocre episodes, and 1 wretched episode...but really I loved almost everything else. I'm hooked.

REAL LIFE:
My youngest brother Ethan is almost an Eagle Scout. He finished all his paperwork today and will probably get his Board of Review after summer camp (which is next week). I'm happy for him, as I never got that far.

Got my oil changed today, and the car is going into Cole's Garage Tuesday so I can finally get the Check Engine Light that has been on for 2 years turned off. Hopefully they can tell me what is wrong with my air conditioning as well.

My Grandma is home. Out of the nursing home and done with her rehab, she gets to be home again, which I know she is excited about.

Aeros Game tomorrow, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon.

I got Megan to watch Torchwood: Children of Earth, Day One with me. She kind of liked it, so I get to watch one of my lame sci-fi programs with her now. Yay for me...one less reality show I'm stuck watching. If I can get her to watch Doctor Who I'll have a goldmine.

Comments