Chapter 17: The Blood-Spattered Bride

So I took a trip up to East Chicago, Indiana for a friend's birthday party. He went to UT with me for freshman and sophomore years before transferring to Columbia. So I drove up to Toledo, met up with Brett and Derek and then the three of us took off to EC to visit Marco and party a bit. Good times. Fun road trip. I'm tired of being in a car.

12 hours driving over the course of two days to and from is TIRING. The Akron to Toledo (and vice versa) trips were a time to catch up on my dorky side...and listen to some Doctor Who Audio dramas...Man. So I'm really getting back into listening to these things, which makes me an incredible dweeb, but I don't really care I find them quite entertaining. They make the drive move much smoother.

When I got back, I got into a fight with Megan over stupid shit...she just worries too much whenever I'm driving for more than an hour. My phone died so I couldn't respond to her text or phone calls and she naturally goes into nervous mode...believing I might be lying dead on the road somewhere. I said that she shouldn't worry too much and she started saying things like "oh yea its all my fault" which I don't even really get. How is this anyones fault? We argued. It was dumb. I wanted to move on, but the tone in her voice made it clear that wasn't happening...2 days of being in a car and not showering...I just didn't give a shit and I told her I was going to bed.

I lied a bit, and I watched DS9 with Curt. The 2 episodes we watched were promising for the final arc of the series. A good start for sure. 6 episodes until the 2 hour finale. Wow, I'm almost done. Weird. I might be finished with this show by next week...

I hope Megan has REALLY moved on tonight and we can just get over such a STUPID fight. I'm over it, if shes not I'll pretend to go to sleep early again.

Comments