Chapter 75: The Undiscovered Country

This is it. At this point I have two written exams, an equipment exam, and a final screening until I officially complete my college career, and head out into the real world. I've been saying things like college sucks, and people I know who've recently graduated telling me "no it doesn't working sucks!" The big difference is I'm bored. I've been bored at college for a year and a half. Those people seemed to have more fun while in college then I generally do. I'm ready for a change. I'm not saying it will be loads of fun having a job and paying bills, but it will be different, and its what this college thing has been all about. So ends the life of partying, sitting around, sleeping in, and procrastinating on all my projects and papers and studying for tests...hell so ends my life of tests and exams.

Now begins the real test: Life. At the moment I have no job prospects, I've applied to several places and have heard little to nothing back. I will continue to hunt for any job, I have no pretensions about starting way at the bottom of any job, even outside my field. I'm confident I will find a job.

So begins the life of the day to day jobs, finding a place to live, proposals and marriage and babies, bills and mortgages and taxes and budgets, family vacations and camping trips, and all those adult things that seemed so boring when they'd talk about it on holidays...but now excites me. Its going to be dull at times, but I can't wait. This is what its all been for.

Megan still has like a year of school left. So I want to get a steady job, and an apartment before she graduates. Maybe we can move in together, maybe not. Either way, I want to get my ass in gear and be ready for her when she is finished. So we can start that life together.

Comments