Chapter 84: The Texas Joneses

I am in full swing training at WVIZ, and I really like the job. I can tell that there will be annoying things to deal with when I get more into the position, but that is true at any job, and I am thrilled to having something related to my degree.

This week isn't quite over yet, but BOY it was a jam packed one. On Sunday long lost family visited. Well...they weren't truly lost, we knew where they were, but we hadn't seen them in AGES. Conflicting reports seem to be that we last saw them in either 1999 or 2001. I remember 99, but only vaguely remember when they came in 01.

So however long it had been, it had been a long time since we had EVERYONE in the Jones side here. It was great to see Linda and Jennifer again. Even nicer to finely meet Linda's husband of four years, who only a few had met previously. Brandon was a nice guy. Jennifer and Neil (their dad) came in 2003, first year the Top Thrill Dragster was open, and we went to Cedar Point. Linda and Brandon had never been so we went again this time. It was good fun, spent the day with Jennifer, Megan, Curt and Ethan.

Tuesday I went to work, then we went out to Mariachi Locos, and then the cousins all went to Sarah's house. That was a decent time. Wednesday everybody went canoeing/kayaking. I did not attend as I went to work that day. When I got home the driveway was PACKED with cars. Everybody was at our house. All eight of my grandparents children, their respective spouses and children...and a few other folks. The only person missing was my Uncle Russ, who had to work. We got a nice big group picture of everyone.

This morning they left our house (where they were staying) and headed off to see Linda and Jennifer's other family in Ohio before returning back to Texas. It was great to see them again, and we all decided to NOT let another decade go by before seeing each other again.

Comments