Chapter 82: The Light at the End of the Tunnel

All summer I've been unemployed. The first time I haven't had SOMETHING to do since the summer before I was a Junior in High School. Seriously. In October of my junior Year of High School, I got hired at Video Theatre. I worked there until I left for Toledo. I then focused on school my Freshman year, but during the next two summers I went back to work at the video store. My sophomore year at UT I got the job with Night Watch. So then I had a job in Akron, and a job in Toledo. Video Theatre closed it's doors before last summer, but at least my time wasn't spent entirely at home, because I had an internship with Akron Aeros.

Then came this summer. Despite sending a cover letter and resume, or application to ANY PLACE I COULD...I remained unemployed from the moment I left UT until today.

UNTIL TODAY.

Yesterday was a weird ass double edged sword of a day. I had an orientation with a plastics factory in Wadsworth called Partners in Plastic. I got this set up through this temp agency. So I called WVIZ Wednesday afternoon, trying to see if they had come to a decision yet. I got the answering machine. Yesterday afternoon I was getting antsy and nervous, no return call yet. So I called again.

The woman who would be hiring me at WVIZ said they had "made some decisions" and that she was heading up to HR, and then making some phone calls, and she asked if I was available for a call that afternoon. I was beyond agitated, as I was fearing that they might try and call during this orientation business, at which point I'd have to wait until this morning to get the answer: Yes or no.

Then they call before I leave. I got the damn job. I START AT WVIZ TUESDAY. BAM.

Then I have to go to this shitty orientation. Due to the WVIZ postion being part time and on-call at the moment, they suggested I go for the plastics factory job as well. CRAP. So I went from being so bored and unemployed...to having TWO JOBS...in a day.

So the double edged sword is this: I got the job I really wanted, but due to the availability of hours there, I also got a second job at a place I think I'm gonna really really hate.

But who cares. I'll be making money. Lets just hope the paychecks at Partners in Plastic is worth it. Otherwise I really gotta look for work at some shitty convenience store for extra scratch.

Comments