Chapter 30: The Brink of Disaster

My posts aren't as frequent as I'd like, but I'm busy. So I had a pretty terrible weekend. It was fall break and I decided to go home Sunday night, because I had an appointment in Akron to get my car fixed...it was loud as hell. So I drive home with my headache-inducing rumbling car. Now, dinner was pretty awesome, so I can't complain about Sunday night. I was awakened early Monday morning to help roof our house with my dad, which is a miserable experience in its own right. I accidently tapped my fucked up toe just a little tiny bit, and it hurt for a brief moment, but I was a tad worried so I went inside. Took off my shoe, gushing blood. GREAT.

Keep in mind the next morning I have to get up and go to the Doctor for this toe anyhow, so I'm annoyed that for 2 years I've had this fucking on again off again infection because my weird ass in-grown toenail. PISSED.

Anyhow, we roof until about 6, and I'm dirty, haven't showered, and I'm exhausted. We have dinner and I shower like nobody's business. The shower is actually REALLY rewarding. After the shower my parents and I go visit my Grandma, who is once again in the hospital. Unfortunately, we seemed to have gotten to the hospital just in time for my grandma to be in a terrible state. The doctor is there, a nurse is leaving, and my grandma is breathing heavily and looks uncomfortable as hell. We are soon told that she has pneumonia, which is really crappy, but they were going to put her on antibiotics, and hopefully she would recover soon enough. I'd never seen her this bad before, and it made me really sad. Luckily, her breathing got better, she was really winded from being helped to the bathroom, which is also really sad. I hope that she is able to get better.

So I have no car this whole, as its in the shop, and they tell my dad it will cost like $500, which he and my mom agreed to pay for (as I am flat broke and can't spend any of my precious rent money) in exchange for the work I did for Scheck Electronics (dad's business) and any roofing I did this summer and every time I've come home. I think they lost out in the deal, because when I actually got my car back, while it was quiet as can be...it cost $700. Turns out all the racket in the car was this big metal pipe that goes from the engine to the catalytic converter...which was broken in half...right down the middle. GREAT. Also they replaced all my break pads, tightened up some belts that were squealing, and replaced some big round metal things that were worn out. Stupid fucking cars...money pits.

So then we come to the doctor's appointment. I go in, third time I've gone in with this issue, twice she has given me antibiotics, the first time it worked, but then it came back...and the second time the antibiotics did jack. SO she kind of thinks about it for a while and decides surgery. NOW. So she has me soak my toe in water while she visits another patient (old lady getting a flu shot) then returns and numbs my toe, and while it is numbing she sees another patient (old lady getting a flu shot). Then returns a third time, to actually perform the surgery. She cuts off almost half of my toenail, because the infection had pretty much overtaken about half of it. Then she bandages it up, and sends me on my merry way. It didn't really hurt, and it was two days ago, and I've been walking since, but I couldn't wear a shoe yesterday. So I'm walking around with this bandage to big for the shoe, and one sandal on instead. I looked homeless.

Two classes and work I'm walking around with one sandal on. The questions I got...

So that was my annoying terrible weekend, sick grandma, expensive crappy car, and my impromptu toe surgery.

I plan on getting back into the swing of things soon with my Doctor Who reviews, so stay tuned.

Comments