Chapter 31: The Roof of the World

I've found a way to make Facebook fun again, by writing musings from my ridiculous and entirely fictitious memoirs, which I haven't actually written. I make up each status, maybe 1 or 2 a day, with the starting point "Kenny Scheck once..." and I then just make up something I once did. The range from ridiculous and impossible to entirely likely, but still fictional.

What a nice creative outlet. I'm compiling them in a word document...to avoid losing them when my old statuses (stati?) disappear forever. Maybe each month or so I will take the compilation and release them here at the Shark Tank and in a note on facebook.

I'm doing better since my last post. My car is running smoothly, Megan and I are happy as two bees in a hive, my Grandma is in a home but doing better, and my classes are being cancelled left and right so I'm having an easy week.

I saw Where the Wild Things Are. Fantastic film. Spike Jonze is a great filmmaker, and he keeps showing us his imagination. The wild things looks great...just like the book, and I'm only going off of Childhood memory. The mixture of guys in suits and CGI enhancements sells the ideas perfectly. I was so pleased with the look of everything, that it made me realize just how wonderful CGI is when it isn't used to make EVERYTHING. Its best used for enhancing real things, making them look better than they originally did. Its what I was hoping was the intention when they came out with the newest Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movies, keep the suits similar to the past but enhance the facial features with CGI. If Where the Wild Things did anything for me, it showed me that.

Megan and I have finally settled on our summer trip, and looked into the costs and everything...we are going to Toronto and Niagara Falls in Canada. Should be lots of fun. Looking into costs made me sad about my bank account situation.

I've been updating the Doctor Who reviews, so check out my latest entries, I finished up to Season 13. http://thetanksdw.blogspot.com/

Comments