Chapter 33: Five Hundred Eyes

Looking back and re-reading this blog I realize I never told the story of the actual Indians game that Megan gave me for my birthday. Tis a shame.

So here goes. She showed me where the seats were on a map, and i thought "thats nice". And until the actual day of the game, I was kind of down about the Tribe this year, so I wasn't too excited. That did change game day and I was suddenly a little excited to go see the tribe. So we see my Aunt who was in town, and had never met Megan, and we headed up to Cleveland.

Now its been raining all day, and it didn't really look like it was going to change. It didn't, it rained all night. AND I DIDN'T CARE. The seats...were fantastic. There was this moment where I am walking down the steps to our seats and my eyes lit up, and I'm like "whoa...we are fucking close!"

FOUR SEATS AWAY. Four seats away from the field. I have never been that close to the field at an Indians game. Aeros? Yeah I've been in the dugout, but this is the TRIBE! TRIBE BABY...and I''m four seats away. And despite the constant drizzle that remained throughout the game, the game was really good. The Indians took the lead first. The Orioles battled it out, and the game went back in forth up until the bottom of the 9th, when the Indians got a walk off run to win it in the last minute.

Megan claimed she knew they'd win for my birthday...but really when it comes to the tribe winning, no one is ever sure. It was great that they won though, first time I can remember actually being there when the tribe wins.

Oh and it's Grady Sizemore Bobble Head Day. So I got a free souvenir. Awesome.

In current news, I'm having trouble getting the privileges of the Director on YouTube, so I can't seem to upload videos longer than 10 minutes. Any help you can give, let me know.

Comments