Chapter 38: The Sea of Death

I'm trying to stay positive right now.

I am so ready to graduate from college. My classes this semester have all fallen into a somewhat useless category. Creative Writing is a total waste of my time, the teacher rambles for an hour and 15 minutes, then we leave as he makes up some bullshit writing assignment, like "write a monologue about light". What the fuck? So I forget about his assignments until like Sunday night, the night before the class...I'll e-mail him and he will either not respond or he will send me an incoherent mess. So I'm phoning it in with him for the rest of the semester.

Optical Printing and Animation has moved onto the Optical Printing portion, which interests me oh so less...especially since the work we've watched as examples of optical printing have been really unappealing to me. My final project is going to be a cutout animation I think. I really gelled with that.

My online TV class has lost my interest almost entirely, but I have decided to write my second paper about Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, and its allegory on war. Should be interesting in the least.

My radio class is currently the only class I feel I'm getting anything out of, and that's only when we have lab time and we learn practical tools rather than sit in class and have the professor ramble on about the readings or microphones or trying to make us talk on mic on the spot. Not even really listening to our work is interesting me there. Only lab time, when we learn how to use the equipment and pro tools and whatnot.

I'm ready to graduate.

Add another show to my list, just finished the entirety of Venture Bros, up to this last Sunday's new episode. I liked this show before, but watching it from start to present made me love it. Great characters and the plots can be downright epic. Season 2 is probably the strongest season, with Season 3 being a nice follow up, but the end wasn't nearly as strong. The current season is only 3 episodes in, and it is pretty good so far, but the lack of Brock leaves a bit of a void. Sgt. Hatred works decently as his replacement but I find him less interesting and entertaining, and his voice annoys me at times.

Anywho..thats all I got for now.

Comments