Chapter 50: Hidden Danger

50th post, and final post of 2009. Lets end the year and the decade with a look back, eh?

This is the end of the decade, a decade that really were the ten years in which I moved from childhood to adulthood. I started middle school in 2000, within this decade I hit puberty, grew long hair, played in garage bands, cut my hair, played in other bands, started my passion for film and film making, finished middle school, started high school, created Burnstien, participated in Talent Shows and Senior Follies, ended high school, started college and moved to Toledo, dissolved Burnstien...it was a crazy ten years...and it flew by quickly.

When I look back on this decade, it really seems to look like the first 5 years are a crappy rehash of all the boring mundane crappy entertainment that was created in the last few years of the 90s. When you look back on the music, movies, and television of this decade...it seems as if around 2004 or 2005 there was a change. Suddenly instead of all the old crap we were getting...we were rebooting all the old crap. New Batman, new Bond, new Star Trek, new Battlestar Galactica, and new Doctor Who. Instead of feeling stale, we got a new take on old ideas...and the look and feel of these new reboots/reimaginings was suddenly its own...this decade found its own style and set itself apart from the first half of the decade and the 90s.

I'm glad it's over. This decade has had its ups and downs, but man...it has too many downs. Bush? Twice? Recession? Ugh. Too much bad happening. Its ending rather well, but it took too long to get there...bring on 2010.

2009 itself has been an alright year. But I am really putting a lot of stock in 2010 to be better. I wanted this post to be longer, I had a lot to say, but as I sit here thinking about it, I'm not too impressed with my thoughts. I think I'll end by saying good riddance 2000s, and hello 10s. New Decade. New life. Lets Do this.

Comments